The Sacramento River Delta Grown Agri-Tourism Association would like to help elementary and middle schools in the River Delta Unified School District with school gardens or farming projects. As a local Delta group that promotes farming, agri-tourism and agri-education in the area we would like to expand our horizons and help the local communities with their projects.
The mission of the Sacramento River Delta Grown Agri-Tourism Association (SRDGAA) is to promote agricultural sustainability and profitability of local farmers in the Sacramento River Delta area through agri-tourism and agri-education by providing public accessibility to local farms while enhancing the public’s awareness of production agriculture and the enjoyment of the rural farming experience.
In order to fulfill part of that mission, SRDGAA has available two hundred and fifty ($250.00) scholarships for your garden or agriculture related projects. Your school may apply once per school year for the funds.
See below for the application and criteria for applying for the funds. Applications may be submitted anytime during the school year. In return, we request that you display a small sign (11”x13”) from our association in your garden area. A few pictures for our webpage would be fun also!
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your applications
Sacramento River Delta Grown Agri-Tourism Association
Criteria for sponsorship of School Garden or Ag related project in the River Delta Area
- Funds may be applied for once per school year.
- The project must be related to an existing school garden, the development of a new school garden area or an agricultural related/improvement project.
- The sponsorship will be capped at $250.00, per project, per school year.
- The attached form must be completed, including an outline of your project and projected material costs
- A small (11”x13”) will be given to the group with their sponsorship and must be displayed in the project area.
Forms and project information can be sent to:
Sacramento Delta River Grown Agri-Tourism Association
PO Box 176
Courtland, CA 95612
Make a contribution to our School Garden Scholarship Program.
Our scholarship program is to assist RDUSD schools with a project related to an existing school garden, the development of a new school garden area, or an agricultural related/improvement project. A school may apply once per school year for this scholarship.
Contributors to the Scholarship program will be recognized in a special section of the Trail Guide and on our Scholarship webpage. Must be received by March 1st for publication in Trail Guide.
- $1,000 level: business card size ad in Trail Guide Scholarship Program section and on webpage
- $750 level: Logo in Trail Guide Scholarship Program section and on webpage
- $500 level: Listed in Trail Guide Scholarship Program section and on webpage
- below $500: Listed on webpage