The Sacramento River Delta Grown Agri-Tourism Association was founded in 2011.
The mission of the Sacramento River Delta Grown Agri-Tourism Association is to promote agricultural sustainability and profitability of local farmers in the Sacramento River Delta area through agri-tourism and agri-education by providing public accessibility to local farms while enhancing the public’s awareness of production agriculture and the enjoyment of the rural farming experience.
- Preservation of locally grown Delta agricultural production, natural resources, environmental ecosystems, and rural heritage
- Increase agricultural literacy through on site educational tours to include:
- Production agriculture (commercial and small farm)
- Delta environmental ecology
- Agricultural and environmental history
- Promote and advertise the marketing of Sacramento River Delta Grown products for the preservation of the Delta farming community and economy
- Offer support to local Delta agricultural and environmental organizations through donations, service, and/or scholarships
In February 2007, Tim and Laura Neuharth met with Sacramento County Supervisor Don Nottoli to facilitate a farm trail along the Sacramento River Delta. After several meetings to formulate the concept and development of the Sacramento River-Delta Grown Agri-tourism Association (SRDGAA), a Farm Trail Sampler kick-off event in 2011 showcased select farms. By 2012, eleven Founding Members invested to establish the SRDGAA and the annual Passport Weekend event held in August. Passport Weekend invites ticket holders to visit the wonderful country atmosphere of the Delta family farms and wineries to enjoy a variety of farm products and educational activities while traveling along the scenic Sacramento River Delta communities. In 2012, the Association actively assisted Sacramento County in the development of the Farm Stands, Wineries, and Farm Stay ordinances. The SRDGAA also attends, with fresh, healthy, farm-grown produce & products, the annual Delta Pear Fair in Courtland and Sacramento’s Farm to Fork Festival to create a “Face to Face” connection between the farmer/producer and the general public.
Delta farms and wineries that would like to join as a Trail member or any businesses that want to support our trail as an Associate member, please see our membership page for more information or contact us if you have questions. Our membership deadline for the upcoming Delta Farm and Winery Trail Guide is near the end of January each year.